Saturday, 22 August 2015
Letting my sister persuade us to move into Cheshire, was one of the best decisions we have ever made. We had been on the village waiting list for months, with countless phone calls and emails to see if anything had become available. We heard rumors of a little cottage... then we heard it was ours, had the keys that evening and moved in two weeks later!
The place wasn't very well loved, so those two weeks consisted of painting, tiling, cleaning (SO much cleaning), laying floors and more painting. Did I mention painting? Every. Inch. I was desperate to have it all done before we moved, as I knew we just wouldn't get round to finishing it once we were in. We had almost everything done and with a lot of help from friends and family, had a smooth move. There are still an awful lot of things on my to-do list and I am far too excited to share them with you all, but for now, here are a few Instagram snaps our beautiful home so far.
Well, this has been an embarrassingly long time. It's even more embarrassing if I admitted to the number of times I've said "Right! I'm blogging again from RIGHT NOW!". Let's not get into that...
I'm switching it up. I need to do me. I need to live healthier and happier, and I reckon this outlet could help. But for now, a quick catch up is in order...
Since the last time I was here, I have moved to the Cheshire countryside, got married, gained two cats and begun a fantastic new career. Life is good.
Now let's get back to business!
Posted by abby at 09:19
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
I'm not a big one for new years resolutions. I never stick to them, and people always come up with the same thing (me included). So this year, inspired by the blogosphere, I'm creating a list of things that I want to happen in 2013. Some are things I should be doing and am too lazy too (heh) and others are things I strongly believe will make my life a happy place. Hopefully I will be able to show over the year that I am achieving these goals! If not you lovely people can tell me off ;)
1. Blog more! I've gotten a bit lazy over the ol' blogging recently. It's something I really love doing and now that my shifts in work will give me more time, I will be blogging a hella lot more! I'm aiming to start with at least 3 times a week.
2. Take more time to notice and appreciate the good things. Too many great moments pass me by. I feel I have concentrated for too long on the things that need improving, and this needs to change.
3. Learn to play the ukulele. Ooooh this is one I'm super excited for! More on this very soon :)
4. Do at least one craft project a week. I miss crafting. Work and winter got the better of me. I will craft my little heart out this year! And share it all with you of course ;) Lots and lots of wedding DIY's need to be done too.
5. Think about how I can use my talents to make a few extra pennies. I'm pretty nifty when it comes to crochet, graphic design and more... I really should put my skills to use. How do you guys do this?
6. Practise Photoshop skills. I used to be awesome, now I'm alright... I will be better! I love Photoshop.
7. Stay organised. I'm talking diaries, wall charts, colour coding, new pens, drawer dividers, time management, blog lists!
8. Get a new job. Long long LONG overdue.
9. Ebay. I have too many things I just don't need or use. Ebaying things will give me more room and funds for pretty new things ;)
10. Take more photographs and learn. I want to be a better photographer, I will be instagram-ing my heart out and spending lots of time with my new love - my Diana F+ CMYK (swooooon).
11. Thrift more. I hope to find every thrift store possible and go to a LOT of car boots and vintage fairs.
12. Be healthy. OK I couldn't help but put this one in. I need to shed a good few pounds and eat healthier. I would really like to start running!
13. GET MARRIED! Holy moley. I suppose this isn't really a goal... but there are a LOT of things to be planned and prepped. I will try not to go wedding crazy on here... but it IS only 214 days away y'all!!!!! So much to do!!!
What are your goals? I have seen some great ones out there this year.
Saturday, 15 December 2012
...and inside! Holy moley. Our cute little home has no heating and it's much colder this year than last! Fortunately I have many twinkly lights, beautiful blankets and cozy hot water bottles to keep me warm. That's not to say i'm not freezing my tush off though ;)
England's weather is so unpredictable. As I live on a peninsula we pretty much have our own little micro climate - this usually means we don't get snow, but this winter is so consistently cold I really have my fingers crossed for a white Christmas :). Do you live somewhere with really cold winters? Do you have any tips to keep warm indoors?
I went to bed very excited a few days ago, I was certain I would wake up to thick snow. I tidied everywhere up and tucked myself into bed with an extra pair of socks on. I woke up early the next morning to the teeniest sprinkle of snow, but the most beautiful frosted morning I have ever seen. I'm so sad I didn't have the time to take a picture (running late for work eek!). The view outside our window is mostly houses and it just didn't do it justice. Around the corner we have a sweet little golf course and it was breathtaking all white!
I need to take more time out of my life to capture great photographs. This is going to be top of my 2013 list I reckon.
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Oh my gosh. Would you look at this dress?! I bought it in the ModCloth autumn sale a few weeks ago. It was the first thing I had bought from them and I was SO excited. I have a wishlist with about 300 things on (yeah I can dream) but as I live in England I was a little worried about postage etc. Plus a lot of the things I like are a weeee bit pricey... But! Here is my beautiful Emily & Fin dress and I love love love it! It has pockets! Is there anything better than a dress with pockets?! It came in the loveliest packaging too. It is such beautiful material and the perfect fit. I love everything about it. Unfortunately it sold out so I can't link you to it, however this dress by E&F is the same shape/style and also super cute!
Did you get anything in the sale? Do you have a perfect dress?
Ooh, and if you haven't already - check out the After Glow app! Really great lomography image styles.
Monday, 19 November 2012
I've been wondering for a while what I could do to spruce up our little bedroom. There is no space to add any furniture, and not really any room to put anything pretty on the dressing table! We need to repaint the room white, as it is currently a shade of nasty cream. Unfortunately the lady who leased the place before us smoked a lot. Thankfully the smell went quite quickly! With no room to add anything further, I've been trying to think of something a little special to do - and I think this is it! I love polka dots. Don't they just instantly make you happy? Simple and beautiful. With a little more art on the opposite wall, a new lightshade (I have a great DIY coming up for this!) and a wee bit of spray paint... We will have a lovely, cozy bedroom :)
Do you have any decorating tips for small spaces?